Friday, March 04, 2011

Paris-Nice team

According to the team's website, the following eight riders will represent Euskaltel Euskadi in the upcoming Paris-Nice, starting this Sunday: Jorge Azanza, Pierre Cazaux, Iñaki Isasi, Gorka Izagirre, Samuel Sánchez, Romain Sicard, Pablo Urtasun and Gorka Verdugo. Gorka Gerrikagoitia will lead the riders in their quest for glory. Personally, I can't really see much glory coming their way I'm afraid. Samu has said he's hoping to do well, but he's naturally some way off top form as he's aiming to peak for the Vuelta al País Vasco. Same goes for Romain Sicard. Sicard told L'Équipe yesterday: "I'm a realist - with only the Vuelta a Andalucía in my legs, I'm not competitive enough yet", so I'm not really expecting any miracles from him so early on in the season. Gorka Izagirre might well turn out to be Euskaltel's best hope, for a stage-win anyway, as he for one is in great shape. Urtasun might try to mix it up on the flatter stages, but I can't really see him pulling off a win against some top-class opposition. Azanza, Isasi, Verdugo and Cazaux also have bigger objectives further down the road, so don't expect any fireworks from the team just yet.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers