Thursday, November 11, 2010

Izagirre aiming for Roubaix

Gorka Izagirre enjoyed a fruitful first season with Euskaltel this year, taking out two wins in his maiden Pro Tour campaign. Talking to el Diario Vasco, the older of the two Izagirre brothers elaborated on his first Euskaltel season and one race in particular he's grown fond of. "I liked Roubaix. I reached the velodrome and I got through the Arenberg forrest in the lead group. I enjoyed the cobbles, the rain, the cold. Yes, I finished the race totally worn out, but I was pleased. I'd never finished a race in those conditions before. I would do any race, but that one enchanted me." Izagirre went on to say that he's probably best suited to the one-day classics, and that he's very happy with his season as a whole. "It's been a good year for me", he admitted. "I didn't imagine doing so well and winning two races. I was aiming to progress little by little, and I feel I achieved that goal."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers