Monday, June 07, 2010

Gorka reflects on big win


After taking out the final stage in Luxembourg yesterday, Gorka Izagirre spoke to the team's official website. Here's that the 22-year-old had to say: "The truth is I'm very satisfied, very pleased. The final part of the stage consisted of a few laps of a circuit. I tried to memorize the route to find the right place to attack. There was a quite demanding little hill on the circuit and I tried my luck. It was really pouring down and that made it even more difficult to control the race. I went on the attack a couple of times but no one came with me, but towards the end Carrara, Ivanov and a Skil rider (Houanard) came along. I stuck to his wheel and in the last metres I was the quickest. It was very emotional. I haven't really been feeling good these days though. I haven't performed as I'd like. Not even today I felt good. As the kilometres rolled by though I felt better, and on the last lap I felt fresh. Maybe it was because of the rain, I don't know. In the end our group succeeded, and I played my cards well."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers