Monday, October 20, 2008

Beñat not happy

Beñat Albizuri did not get his stay with Euskaltel extended this year and is forced to look for another job. He isn't happy; rather the contrary. Speaking to GARA he said: "I'm grateful for the opportunity they (Euskaltel) gave me to become a professional rider. But once I joined the team they never valued my contribution. I've been a brave rider, I've done my best for the team, I've gotten into many breaks, I've helped Koldo out in the sprints. But still they haven't appreciated my work. Not every cyclist can win, but from the first to the last day I've done the dirty work, and I think I've done it well." Self-pitty isn't always beautiful, is it? But then again I kind of agree with him, a bit at least. I for one rated Beñat. I think he did well leading out Koldo, and he was good at getting into breaks. But then he was never going to win many races either, so I wasn't overly surprised when he didn't get an extension to his existing contract. As for the future, he's now looking to hit the big-time in cyclo-cross. "I've always wanted to do it (competing in the discipline). I'm a rider with good technique and spark, and people told me many years ago that I could do well in 'cross. Now I have the time and the opportunity, so I'll do my best. I started training this week, and I hope to get into good shape soon. I'm very motivated, and I know that now it's up to me. There won't be a team to stop me. My representative is looking for a team, but it's hard."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers