Saturday, May 12, 2007

Iban looking forward to last week


Iban arrives "a little short on form" for the Giro, as he put it himself. The Giro kicks off tomorrow with a relatively short, though technically difficult, TTT. The first mountain-top finish comes on stage 4, but Iban does not expect to be fighting with the best on this stage. As he`s said to numerous newspapers the last days, it`s too early for him due to his lack of racing. Though, he`s looking forward to the last week, with, among others, the Tre Cime di Lavaredo and the Zoncolan on the menu. But, as he points out, he`s not in the Giro to ride for his own chances, he`s there at the service of captain and two-time Giro-winner Gibo Simoni. The two share room together while riding in Italy, so there`s no doubt Iban will be willing to sacrifice his own chances for the team`s greater good. I was supposed to post my usual "Expectations of Iban" ahead of the Giro, but I`m running a little late I`m afraid. I`ll see what I can do, but pardon me if I can`t find the time to do it. But, anyway, stay tuned to Iban Mayo Blog for daily updates on Iban`s Giro adventure.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers